Administrative Assistant, FSN-08; FP-6
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 86-2016
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Administrative Assistant, FSN-08; FP-6
OPENING DATE: December 20, 2016
CLOSING DATE: January 2, 2017
WORK HOURS: Full time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: Not Ordinarily Resident: FP-6 (Starting salary to be determined by Washington)
Ordinarily Resident (OR): Starting Salary – 11,886 USD per year (Position Grade: FSN-8)
NOTE: For ordinarily resident employees, salary will be paid in local currency using the established exchange rate.
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission Addis Ababa is seeking an individual for the position of Administrative Assistant in the Regional Cooperative Engagement Office/ OSC.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Under the remote supervision of the RCEO Chief (Pretoria, South Africa), and local supervision of the OSC, serves as the Program Manager for all Defense Threat Reduction Agency activities in Ethiopia. The incumbent serves as a prime contact for DTRA within US Embassy Addis and coordinates activities between DTRA and its various collaborators (CDC/DoD/ USAID/DoAg).
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact (251-11-130-60-00, Ext. 6383)
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Supporting documentations (e.g., letters of employment, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above should also be submitted.
- Required Education: Two years university studies in a health related field is required.
- Required Experience: A minimum five years of experience working with Public Health programs in Ethiopia from which one-year Program Management experience concurrent with public health program experience is required.
- Language Requirement: Level 4 (fluent) English and Amharic language is required. (English language proficiency will be tested)
- Knowledge: Good Knowledge of Ethiopian health ministry; customer Service; general administrative and office procedures to include accounting, property control and accountability are required.
- Skills and Abilities: Proficiency in using Microsoft Office software and other data processing applications; ability to interact with other people; use sound judgment; and providing accurate reporting to superiors is required.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by E-Mail: HROaddisababa@state.gov or by Phone: 251-11-130-60-00 Ext: 6383.
When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) USEFM who is ALSO a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(3) FS on LWOP
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); and
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box: 1014
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Preferred method of sending applications is by email.
POINT OF CONTACT
Human Resources Office
Telephone: 251-11-130-60-00, Ext. 6383
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Economic Analyst/Writer to Contribute Weekly (ENGL) | Online PublisherNew PublisherAnywhereFeb 23
Administration ManagerPan African Chamber of Commerce and IndustryAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 23
Amharic teacher for expatsSolAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 23
Specialist, IT SupportEthiopian Agricultural Commodities Warehousing Services Enterprise (EACWSE)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 23
Associate, Central DepositoryEthiopian Agricultural Commodities Warehousing Services Enterprise (EACWSE)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 23
More from Embassy of United States of America
US Embassy Jobs in Ethiopia: Administrative AssistantEmbassy of United States of AmericaAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 25
Network EngineerEricssonAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 23
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTECONOMIC COMMISSION FOR AFRICA(UN-ECA)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaDec 03
Administrative AssistantDebub Global Bank S.CAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 14
Administrative AssistantThe African UnionAddis Ababa, EthiopiaNov 26
Administrative AssistantENAT REAL ESTATEAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 31