Procurement and Logistics Assistant II
Procurement and Logistics Assistant II
Job Description:Vacancy No.: IOM-SVN/0079/2016
Position Title: Procurement and Logistics Assistant II
Duty Station Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment: SVN, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start: Date As soon as possible
Closing Date: January 8, 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and nongovernmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the general supervision of the Procurement officer, and direct supervision of Procurement & Logistics Assistant III, the incumbent will be responsible for handling procurement/logistics related activities of the mission. Particularly, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Undertake the day-to-day operation of the following tasks:
- Prepare and/or receive Purchase Request Form (PRF) and ensure that all necessary information concerning specifications, justifications, WBS and expected delivery dates are correct.
- Identify potential vendor and issue Request for Quotations (RFQ).
- Analyses, evaluates and compares the quotations on Bid Analyses Sheet (BAS); and recommend to the relevant requester and award orders to the selected vendors.
- Prepare Purchase Order (PO) including necessary information on material/asset code, specification, quantity, price, delivery date, payment and vendor contact details.
- Receive and inspect goods/services according to P0 specifications and that all goods are in good condition. Ensure Good Delivery/Receiving Note (GRN) is issued and signed.
- Onward delivery to final destination and ensure GRN and WayBill are issued and signed.
- Prepare Payment Request (PR) and follow up with Finance Unit
- Obtain approvals as required by the Procurement and Finance matrixes.
- Properly record and indicate the above process in SAP PRISM as required.
- Receive approved PRF, copy and record in Procurement Tracking Data Base.
- Regularly update the Procurement Tracking Data Base and ensure all the required information is filled accordingly. Notify Senior Procurement and Logistic Assistant and/or Procurement Officer for any open PRs and POs.
- Conducting quarterly stationary, cartridge/toner and other supplies stock taking for the office needs or when the stock balance falls below the minimum re-order level. Ensure the balance on stock card records match the quantities of products in the store
- Ensure all approved PR (Payment requests) are submitted to
- Finance for payment and keep copy of each PR in a sequential manner.
- Ensure that all Procurement documents are properly copied and filed accordingly.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma from an accredited academic institution preferably purchasing and Store Management/Supplies Management/ Management or a combination of relevant training and practical experience.
- Two years of relevant experience for Degree holders and four years’ experience for Diploma holders in procurement and logistics activities
- Experience with International Organizations & NGOs is desirable.
- Experience in working with SAP Procurement and Asset Management modules is advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability of working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied culture and professional backgrounds in order to achieve desired goals.
- Analytical, communication, interpersonal and advocacy skills,
- Good knowledge of computer management and applications.
Languages: Fluency in English and Amharic is required. Knowledge of other local language is advantageous.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How To Apply:Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, CV written in English with photocopies of educational/training certificates via our e-mail address RECADDlS@iom.int , by January 08, 2017 at the latest, referring the position title and number in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
Sign up for Job Alerts
Fresh graduate job: Junior TellerVisionFund Micro-Finance Institution S.C.Addis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 21
5+ Manufacturing JobsHeineken Breweries SCKilinto, Addis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 21
Multiple Hotel JobsHarmony HotelAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 21
Senior Graphic Designer 3D; Senior Graphic Designer; Junior Creative Director; Creative Director; Account Manager; Copywriter; Account ExecutivesBerry AdvertisingAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 21
Future Export ManagerMaranque Plants PLCFarm SiteFeb 21
Procurement and Logistics Assistant IIInternational Organization for Migration (IOM)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaDec 30
Africa Investment WriterRelentless Investment Research, LLCRemoteFeb 19
Logistics and Procurement Team LeaderPathfinder InternationalAddis Ababa, EthiopiaDec 14
Executive Manager or Executive Secretary(fresh graduates can apply for this job)Real Marketers PlcAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 02
Logistics AssistantMalaria ConsortiumAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 01