The Meta Abo breweries vision is to become the most celebrated business in Ethiopia. Our goal is to be ’winning at the moment of choice’ to ensure we are winning bigger and beating the competition. This, along with putting the customer at the heart of everything we do, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and partners.
The Retail Executive plays a pivotal role within the Meta sales organization, working at the forefront of our business to develop and grow customer relationships within an allocated territory, to ensure our beer brand is the number one choice for consumers.
- Create orders and build order sales value via active selling
- Responsible for generating sales orders in each of the designated accounts to meet daily targets and ensure all taken orders are delivered in full and as per communicated service / delivery days / times..
- Each designated account will have a daily/monthly/annual targets by brand and category
- VSM management/ Morning calls - Work with designated key distributors / van salesperson Driver to ensure that service frequency is adhered to and any changes are agreed and communicated to the customer in advance at least 2 weeks prior to effecting the change
- Consistently deliver the monthly/quarterly and yearly depletion targets Account Targeting
- Each designated account will have a daily/monthly/annual targets set by brand and category.
- Daily targets for planned calls by brands/category per each outlet to be called on that particular day and the same is discussed and agreed on a weekly basis but reviewed on daily basis with the Line Manager.
- Responsible to penetrate new accounts and market areas
- Responsible to protect exclusive houses
- SKUs should be available in respective accounts as per the new outlet segmentation Account Management & Activation
- Responsible and accountable for all aspects of account management and activation in each of the designated accounts.
- Activate execution standards in priority accounts identified in RtC design.
- Activation of QDVPPP standards to meet the desired target/standards.
- Responsible to have the full territory profile of the market and updated on monthly base
- Fully engaged and take accountability on timely completion (100%) of all promotional activities and submission of documents
- Protect Company’s POSM, strictly follow Company’s assets movements, prepare on time asset transfer and ensure quarterly physical inventory/count
- Ensure Good Inventory management is in place at outlet level (FIFO)Key EnablersPlanningSchedules & Activities
- Develop own Daily/ Weekly/ Monthly/ Annual Schedules and activities as per the standardised sales processes guidelines.
- Develop journey plans and frequency for all designated customers to ensure they are visited as per segment guidelines as defined in the RtC design.
- Reviews the journey plan and customer information monthly (a minimum) and updates where necessary based on rep knowledge of customer and area.
- Hold daily morning meeting at distributor premises with van salesperson to agree and plan days activities including days target per van salesperson per Route by brand and category as well as review the previous day’s performance agreeing on corrective action to improve sales performance in particular routes or accounts.
- Support distributor in planning designing their routes to ensure that all outlets are covered and visited as per required frequencies.Customer Data:
- Reviews the customer profiles, sales information, previous visit activities and notes by a sales representative, to be fully prepared prior to executing the sales call/activity.
- Identifies possible issues and opportunities and creates or updates activities to address these. Identifies personal objectives for the call.
- Update customer list by deleting closed outlets and scoping new customers (could include Geo Codes) in the territory.Execution
- Accountable for the minimum execution standards.
- On a daily basis review with the Van salesperson their performance (targets achievement) and agree on next steps to improve current performance.
- Manage SFA (Sales Force Automation) as required to capture orders and record sales for all outlets called on updating the details of the said accounts as and when they change.
- Following completion of the sales driver checks, identify any issues or opportunities to be addressed in the sales call, and update the list of activities for the call to address these.
- Close the call with actions ensuring all executed and non-executed activities are recorded, objectives are noted for future calls and customer profile information is correct and up to date
- Activate agreed promotions in the outlet according as per brand activity guidelines.
- Adhere to planned calls without any ad hoc changes unless same is approved formally by the Line Manager.Measurement / Reporting
- Review and record, post the sales call, evaluation against call and objectives and targets.
- On a daily / weekly and Monthly basis measure, track and report achievement against set targets for:
- Journey Plan Adherence % Vs Tgt
- Callage Vs Tgt
- Strike rate Vs Tgt
- Total Sales Vs Tgt
- Brand sales / Category Vs Tgt.
- Number of morning briefs doneCollaboration
- Is active in building and maintaining understanding of how Sales can work with other functions to deliver performance goals.
- Develop and manage Amazing Relationships with designated customers and other 3rd party partners.
- University / College Degree with at least 2 years’ sales or marketing experience in FMCG.
- Computer literate and ability to work under pressure and respond to tight deadlines.
- Team player
- Strong communication, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Strong understanding of the selling process.
- Fluent in Amharic and a strong command of written and spoken English
How to ApplyClick on this link below
· Please apply before the closing date of Jan 06 2017.
· Only applications through the link will be considered.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Economic Analyst/Writer to Contribute Weekly (ENGL) | Online PublisherNew PublisherAnywhereFeb 23
Administration ManagerPan African Chamber of Commerce and IndustryAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 23
Amharic teacher for expatsSolAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 23
Specialist, IT SupportEthiopian Agricultural Commodities Warehousing Services Enterprise (EACWSE)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 23
Associate, Central DepositoryEthiopian Agricultural Commodities Warehousing Services Enterprise (EACWSE)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 23
More from Diageo
Trade Tools Executives ( Readvertized )DiageoAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 22
Visibility & Trade Assets ManagerDiageoAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 21
Retail Executive (North West)DiageoBahir Dar, Amhara, EthiopiaFeb 20
Head of InnovationDiageoAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 15
Electrical/Automation Technician (Readvertised)DiageoSebeta, Oromia, EthiopiaFeb 03
Executive Manager or Executive Secretary(fresh graduates can apply for this job)Real Marketers PlcAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 02
Network EngineerEricssonAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 23
Retail Executive (North West)DiageoBahir Dar, Amhara, EthiopiaFeb 20
Executive DirectorNGO RecruitAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 16
Executive SecretaryWegagen Bank S.C.Addis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 06