Nutrition Extension Project Manager
Nutrition Extension Project Manager
The starting salary for this position is 12,000 Birr and other benefit package asper PIN HR policy
Job DescriptionThe Project Manager is responsible for the implementation and administration of a multi-sectoral nutrition project: “Sustained Diet Quality Improvement by Fortification with Climate-smart, Nutrition-Smart Orange-fleshed Sweet potato in Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples’ Region (SNNPR), Ethiopia”. The Project Manager will be responsible for achieving all project outputs in the best possible quality, within the given timeframe and budget.
- Successful implementation of all stages of the project’s cycle, including M&E, budget and procurement management.
- Liaison with partner institutions and fulfilling all contractual obligations,
- Adhering to PIN, government and donors’ policies.
- Internal and external reporting
- Ensure an excellent working relationship with partners, local government and communities
- Coordinate and build the capacity of field coordinator and officers
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Human Nutrition, Public Health, Public Nutrition or similar fields of study.
- Substantial experience of community-based nutrition projects and designing nutrition behavioural change communication.
- Experience of managing teams, strong coordination skills.
- Strong experience with PCM, ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience of working with Farmer Training Centers and the Health Extension system will be an advantage, experience with agriculture systems, food chains welcomed.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc.).
- Strong organisational and project management skills, and ability to deliver within tight deadlines.
- Experience in EU projects and grant management is an added value.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken & written Amharic and English. Fluency in Sidamigna/Gedeo will be an advantage.
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked)
How to Apply
Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview. Applicants should send their non-returnable CV with scan copies of relevant documents, Cover Letter and 3 recent references until January 16, 2017 to email@example.com with subject: NEPM. (Applications without the clearly marked subject will not be considered). Size of an application must not exceed 3MB.
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Multiple Education /Lecturer /University (fresh graduate) Jobs in EthiopiaWollo UniversityDessie, Amhara, EthiopiaFeb 22
Family Assistant in ChinaRaymond中国安徽省Tongling ShiFeb 22
Logistics Officer – Humanitarian, Fleet Officer-DispatchingSave The ChildrenAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 22
SamplerEthiopian Agricultural Commodities Warehousing Services Enterprise (EACWSE)Humera/Metema/Shiraro/Bonga/Gimbi/HawassaFeb 22
Data AssistantEthiopian Agricultural Commodities Warehousing Services Enterprise (EACWSE)Humera/KombolchaFeb 22
Executive Manager or Executive Secretary(fresh graduates can apply for this job)Real Marketers PlcAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 02
Nutrition Program ManagerAction Contre la FaimAddis Ababa, EthiopiaMay 18
Nutrition SpecialistUNICEF Ethiopia Country OfficeAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 17
Health and Nutrition OfficerSave the Children (SC)HawasaDec 15
WASH Officer; Nutrition OfficerVétérinaires Sans Frontières – Suisse (VSF-Suisse)Dawa Zone, Somali Region- Moyale Field office with frequent travel to project sites, SomaliFeb 07