Gender and youth Advisor
Gender and youth Advisor
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Date: December 28, 2016
Vacancy No: 149/16
CARE Ethiopia’s mission is to work with poor women and men, boys and girls, communities and institutions, to have a significant impact on the underlying causes of poverty in Ethiopia.
Do you want to be part of this team?
Would you like to be responsible for ensuring the staffs that are implementing this vision are qualified, motivated and committed to this vision? Please apply and join us!
Position: Gender and youth Advisor
Salary Range: Negotiable
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Closing Date: January 8, 2017
Number of vacant posts: 1 (One)
Term of employment: Regular
Duty starting date: Immediately
Gender and youth adviser provides technical assistance and capacity building on gender and youth development to the DFAP implementing field offices stakeholder staffs in the operational areas. The position holder will coordinate gender analysis and lead studies to explore employment opportunities for the youth. She will identify gaps, consolidate best practices in the field and share lessons to all concerned. The adviser leads/conducts standard quality training and produces or adopts related guidelines to ensure gender, women empowerment and youth priorities are integrated into all technical sectors of DFAP. In consultation with DFAP coordinator and Technical Advisor from consortium coordination unit, she will supervise formative research in implementation areas to identify key issues, social norms and barriers and to make recommendations on how to address gender and youth related concerns and challenges. The gender and youth adviser will oversee the mainstreaming of all gender and youth related aspects of the project, participate in all Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning events, respond to identified issues and make timely adjustments to implementation strategies.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Leads the development and implementation of evidence based, realistic and effective gender, women empowerment and youth engagement strategies for all technical sectors under the DFAP project including food security, nutrition, livelihoods, CCA, DRR, WASH and community mobilisation/social accountability;
- Inputs into problem identification, causal and problem analysis and activity development, i.e. focusing on gender analysis, women empowerment and youth engagement aspects of the DFAP project;
- Participates in DFAP detailed implementation planning (DIP), and annual reviews, to ensure Gender and Youth responsive project planning processes are implemented throughout the life of the project;
- Ensure the DFAP result framework has put properly embraced gender sensitive indicators in areas of women empowerment and gender equality indicators-access to resource, control, leadership status within community and etc;
- Conducts staff induction and ongoing training processes for gender and youth officers in DFAP
- Provides training to CARE-DFAP and government stakeholder staff;
- Leads the development and facilitation of trainings on staff development initiatives for gender, including the staff transformation process under SAA;
- Develops and implements follow-up, engagement and coaching plans to build staff capacity and to increase their level of expertise and skills and their commitment to apply strategies;
- Establishes all necessary relationships with the DFAP consortium leaders, implementing partners, field offices, different units within CARE and government stakeholders to ensure that gender and youth issues can be shared;
- Conducts and or leads formative research in all DFAP operation Zones/Woredas;
- Disseminates learning and ensures all staff are updated on gender and youth priorities;
- Produces gender and youth related aspects of reporting for USAID for all regular and incidental reports.
- Responds to requests for additional capacity building support within CARE;
· B.A. degree in Social Science, gender studies or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· M.A. degree or equivalent in related fields
· 4-6 years of work experience in development related areas, conversant with adult learning and training of trainers methodologies, practical experience in women and youth programming
· At least 3 years of work experience in gender analysis, training and mainstreaming.
§ Previous experience with livelihoods programs and or food assistance interventions.
Coaching, initiating action, communicating with impact, innovation, planning and organizing, building partnership, facilitating change, adaptability.
How to ApplyIf you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment which contribute to your learning and development and if you are inspired by CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision and if you want to be a part of our work, please forward your: CV (not more than 3 pages) and cover letter (not more than one page) to HR.ETHJobs@care.org, or send to CARE Ethiopia, P.O. Box 4710, Addis Ababa. You can also submit in person at the gate of the Head Office located at the back of Lex Plaza Building on the way from Zerihun Building to Signal (Adwa Bridge).
· When you apply, please clearly indicate the position and vacancy number on the subject line of your application. Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
· Only short listed candidates will be contacted for assessment. No Phone call please
Passionate and dedicated candidates who have the relevant experience are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Command Captain for Boeing 757/767Ethiopian AirlinesNigeriaJan 22
Command Captain for Boeing 737 NGEthiopian AirlinesNigeriaJan 22
Yk Import and Export PLC Jobs in Ethiopia : Tender Department AssistantYk Import and Export PLCAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 21
Weiguo Yu Jobs in Ethiopia : Trained Chinese chef /Chinese food cookerWeiguo Yu ( Tecno Mobile )Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 21
Now Hiring! Admas University (3 Positions)Admas UniversityBishoftu, EthiopiaJan 21
Administration & Finance ManagerEthio National SchoolAddis Ababa, EthiopiaDec 07
Gender and Youth Officer (DFAP)World Vision EthiopiaArsi, Oromia, EthiopiaDec 22
Customer Support Specialist - Part Sales Account ManagerBoeingAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 09
Country Manager / Center HeadGlobal PlacementsAddis Ababa, EthiopiaOct 31
Country Manager / Center Head (Re-advertised)Global PlacementsEthiopiaNov 01