Position: Intermediate Accountant
Opening Date: December 28, 2016
About the Organization:
VisionFund Micro Finance Institution (S.C) is an Institution established according to proclamation No. 40/96 to provide financial services to the productive poor in the rural and urban areas of Ethiopia. VisionFund is currently operating in four of the Regional States of the country.
VisionFund MFI is currently looking for candidates for Intermediate Accountant role. The successful candidates will have skills and experience that meet the following requirements:
1. Major Responsibilities
Budget and operating plan preparations
· Assists the branch manager in the preparation and consolidation of fiscal year budget and operating plan and follow up proper implementation
Ensure the maintenance of an updated and well-kept accounting books and records
· Summarizes the cash needs of branch its monthly cash flow statement and transfer the request to Head Office as per the recommendation of branch manager.
· Maintains appropriate record for the transfer of funds to the branch based on the notification received from Head office.
· Prepares payment vouchers and checks for authorized payments after verifying the correctness of the pertinent source documents.
· Prepares payroll for the braches and reviews the document after payments and effected to ascertain whether deductions of income tax and provident fund are paid to Inland Revenue and deposited to respective saving bank account of employees.
Support and provide supervision to the accounting staff at branch level
· Provides feedback to Training officer on the training needs of staff directly reporting to him/her;
· Reviews the work of Accountants in the branch
Prepare and assist for both internal and external audits
· Provides assistance in any audit or examination to be conducted by the external or internal auditor, government regulatory agencies as well as other parties duly authorized by the Board of Directors or the General Manager to conduct such activity;
Maintain sufficient control systems
· Maintains all fixed assets of the Branch in appropriate register and facilitates conducting of physical inventory every year to verify the existence of the assets;
· Work with the treasurer to ensure adequate control of cash and other assets of the branch according to laid down policies.
· Produces and submits accurate, complete and timely financial reports of the branch, including cash flow, balance sheet, etc. (monthly, quarterly and annual );
· Produces timely, detailed MIS reports needed for the constant, on-going review, monitoring and management of the branch’s performance;
2. Qualification and Technical Skill Required
· College diploma in accounting is required
· 2 years of experience in related positions.
· Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team
· Capability and willingness to take responsibility and highly developed sense of integrity
· Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values
· Be proficient in Microsoft office, and excellent use of Excel spreadsheets
· Highly developed sense of reliability and accuracy
· Very good communication skills
Place of Work: Fiche Branch Office
Terms of Employment: Permanent
Closing Date: January 2, 2017
How to Apply
Candidates who fulfil the above requirements can submit the application letter, updated curriculum vitae with names and addresses of up to 3 references and non-returnable copies of credentials in person to: Omosheleko, Gimbichu, Humbo, Shashemene, Sodo, Boditti, Shone, Durame, Hossana, Gibe, Dilla, Yirgachefe, Hawassa, Lideta, Yayagulele, Durame, Shone, Hossana, Dessie & Woliso Branches or VisionFund MFI Head office Located near Gerji Mebrat Hail square or send to VisionFund Micro Finance Institution (s.c) , P.O.BOX 31478 , Addis Ababa, or can apply online on ethiojobs.com
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply
If you need more information, you can contact HROD department via telephone number: 0116478356
Sign up for Job Alerts
Fresh graduate job: Junior TellerVisionFund Micro-Finance Institution S.C.Addis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 21
5+ Manufacturing JobsHeineken Breweries SCKilinto, Addis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 21
Multiple Hotel JobsHarmony HotelAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 21
Senior Graphic Designer 3D; Senior Graphic Designer; Junior Creative Director; Creative Director; Account Manager; Copywriter; Account ExecutivesBerry AdvertisingAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 21
Future Export ManagerMaranque Plants PLCFarm SiteFeb 21
Intermediate AccountantVisionFund Micro-Finance Institution S.C.Omo, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and People's Region, EthiopiaDec 28
Intermediate AccountantVisionFund Micro-Finance Institution S.CSodo, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and People's Region, EthiopiaDec 29
Intermediate TellerVisionFund Micro-Finance Institution S.C.AdamaDec 22
Intermediate TellerVisionFund Micro-Finance Institution S.C.Welkite, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and People's Region, EthiopiaJan 10
Intermediate Customer Service OfficerVisionFund Micro-Finance Institution S.C.Addis Ababa, EthiopiaDec 28