Under the general supervision of the MSIE Outreach Team Leader, Centre Manager, Centre Head, MCH Speciality Centre Manager, Centre Coordinator, Health Officer/Doctor, the incumbent performs diagnosis, identifies health problems and delivers prescriptions/procedures to clients in accordance with accepted standard medical practices and professional code of conduct at MSIE Outreaches.
- Examines in and out patients /clients in line with standard medical procedures using various types of diagnostic mechanisms.
- Administers and prescribes drugs based on analysis of examination, test reports and findings and counselling services.
- Performs sterilization and other procedures, after undertaking the required training programme.
- Puts the interest of clients/patients above all other considerations and ensures the confidentiality of all cases.
- Ensures the maintenance of a high level standard consistent with available resources.
- Prepares and submits reports, as deemed necessary.
- Assists the gynaecologist / obstetrician major operation intervention
- Participates in training programmes, as and when deemed necessary.
- Initiates or collaborates in research undertakings.
- Gives specialist advice to the Centre Coordinator on any possible action for quality care improvement from which the centre may benefit.
- Participates in Outreach Programs of the Area Office and Clinic
- Undertakes any other related duties that may be assigned to him / her.
MSC/ BSC degree as Health Officer
Two Years as Junior Health Officer. No experience required for MSc.
Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Awareness of MOH and donors guidelines
- Conscious of government, MSI and MSIE regulations
- Awareness of concepts and strategies of quality care
- Attendance of MSIE Pre-service training
Number of Position: One (01)
Duty Station: MSIE- Gotera MCH Speciality Center, Addis Ababa
Salary: As per MSIE salary scale
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should mail their applications letter, together with a non-returnable CV and copies of supporting documents, within Ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to: Human Resources, MSIE
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
PLEASE MENTION THE TITLE AND VACANCY NUMBER OF YOUR PREFERRED POSITION ON THE SUBJECT LINE, CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THE RIGHT INSTRUCTION WILL NOT BE SHORTLISTED
Sign up for Job Alerts
Fresh graduate job: Junior TellerVisionFund Micro-Finance Institution S.C.Addis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 21
5+ Manufacturing JobsHeineken Breweries SCKilinto, Addis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 21
Multiple Hotel JobsHarmony HotelAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 21
Senior Graphic Designer 3D; Senior Graphic Designer; Junior Creative Director; Creative Director; Account Manager; Copywriter; Account ExecutivesBerry AdvertisingAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 21
Future Export ManagerMaranque Plants PLCFarm SiteFeb 21
e-Health Data OfficerManagement Science for Health (MSH)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaDec 19
Health and Nutrition OfficerSave the Children (SC)HawasaDec 15
Accounts Division Head | Community BASED health and First AID Senior Officer | Hygiene and Health Promotion OfficerEthiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS)GambellaDec 29
11+ Health Quality Officer vacancies in EthiopiaJhpiego Ethiopia Country OfficeBeni Shangul, Afar, Dire Dawa, Somali, Harari, Amhara, Tigray, Oromia, SNNPR, Gambella & Addis AbabaFeb 03
Fire Fighter; Sr. Health and safety officerDangote Industries (Ethiopia) PLCMugher Enchini Town, Oromia, EthiopiaFeb 03