Database Coordinator, Next Generation IRS (NgenIRS)
PATH seeks to recruit an experienced Database Coordinator for the UNITAID funded Evidence for Indoor Residual Spray Program, to be based in MopeiaZambezia, Mozambique. The Database Coordinator will support evidence-generating activities of an intervention to increase the market for Indoor Residual Sprays (IRS) to aid in malaria elimination efforts. PATH will be leading activities to support the collection of evidence of the effectiveness new IRS spray formulations. The Database Coordinator will support data collection, data cleaning and data quality assurance activities that will be conducted in Mozambique. This will include working directly with the local research organization - Centro de Investigação em Saúde de Manhiça (CISM) - and with data sets from across various programmatic areas and in partnership with the AIRS/Abt program and the government of Mozambique. It will require database management skills as well as skills in data cleaning and quality assurance and basic report writing abilities. This position will also work in coordination with the USAID/PMI resident CDC advisor and will directly report to the Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer based in Washington, DC.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
NgenIRS is a four year, $65 million UNITAID founded partnership between IVCC (Lead Agency), the US President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI),Abt Associates (Abt), the Global Fund (GF), PATH, various National Malaria Control Program (NMCPs) and 3GIRS manufacturers, with the overall aim of accelerating and expanding acess to and adaption of new, third generation indoor residual spraying (3GIRS) formulation that are effective against Pyrethoid resistant, Mosquitos and increase the effective lifetime of IRS products. The ultimate goal of the NgenIRS products is sustainable and national deployment of effective Malaria vector control tool in support of insecticide resistance management programs. More simply, the project aims to save lives and improve health by making the best insecticides available for malaria control.
- Coordinate between PATH, CISM, PMI, Abt/AIRS and other partners, including the Ministry of Health of Mozambique, to ensure the completeness, accuracy and organization of study data.
- Coordinate work plans and adhere to timelines for data collection, entry and analysis:
- Compile, clean and review project data from multiple health facilities and project personnel
- Review raw data collection forms and summary databases to assure quality, completion and accuracy
- Adhere to appropriate data management and reporting systems
- Identify opportunities to strengthen data collection and compilation activities to ensure project data quality and completeness
- Troubleshoot data QA/Completeness issues with project data analysts and management
- BSc in Public Health or relevant field of study with at least 3 years of experience or diploma in nursing or other related field of study with at least 6 years of experience, knowledge and experience in iCCM & CBNC program implementation, NGO experience will be an asset.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively within the assigned Woredas and kebeles.
- Rich Experience of working with community & community structures.
- Experience in implementation of community mobilization interventions.
- Fluency in Amharic and other local language of the work site; Good verbal and written communications skills in Amharic and English required.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Familiarity and work experience in the duty station is preferred.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Specific Duties And Responsibilities
- Engage in the Implementation of OHEP’s strategy on demand creation to child health services in collaboration with the Woreda Health office.
- Provide technical assistance to PHCU in organizing community meetings/events and training of health workers, HEWs and other community members focusing on child health.
- Assist Woreda Health office and health centers in conducting child health related supportive supervision and review meetings with the communities and health facilities.
- Represent the project at woreda and PHCU child health technical meetings.
- Coordinate trainings, conduct supportive supervisions, and organize review meetings.
- Record, Document and report best practices to zonal coordinator.
- Participate in preparation of work plans, progress reports, monitoring and evaluation of the project in his/her assigned Woreda.
- Under the guidance of the M&E Advisor, collect data and compile reports using the M&E tools.
- Facilitate and participate in program review meetings at woreda and zonal level.
- Prepare regular weekly and monthly plan and progress reports.
- Conduct other activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Ethiopia RepresentativeChildren’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 28
Evaluation Research AssistantsJohn Snow, IncRobe, Arsi, Oromia, EthiopiaMar 28
Multiple Banking Job OpportunitiesNIB International Bank SC.EthiopiaMar 28
Multiple Bank JobsUnited Bank S.C.EthiopiaMar 28
English Language InstructorTexas International Study CenterAddis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 28
Database AdministratorKifiya Financial TechnologiesAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 28
IT and Database OfficerDan Church AidGambella, EthiopiaFeb 14
System and Database AdministratorSugar Corporation- Metahara Sugar FactoryMetaharaMar 11
Database Manager/StatisticianEthiopian Development Research Institute (EDRI)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 28
Senior Database Administrator | Secretary/ CashierNib Insurance Company (S.C)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 14