NGO Job Opportunities
1. Program Manager, EAC Project ( contingent to project award)
The position is contingent to project award.
Under the supervision of Country Director (CD) the Project Manager is responsible for managing the EAC project and will provide high level leadership and technical support to Project officers and all staff under his/her direct supervision.
He/she participates and contributes for the strategic planning and implementation as related to EAC education Project and ensures that the EAC project is implemented as per the agreement, guidelines and policy frameworks and with technical qualities of high standard. The post holder will provide direct management support to project staff under his/her supervision. He/she will be responsible for ensuring the enhancement of partners’ capacity throughout the process of project implementation. He/she maintains effective working relations with key actors and partners across the EAC Project implementation.
II. SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Responsibility #1: Staff Management
- Provides regular support and supervision to staff under his/her direct line management. This includes (but not limited to) the formulation of individual work plans (with agreed indicators of achievement) based on project work plans and/ job description.
- Undertakes regular supervision and periodic performance management.
- Build the technical and managerial capacity of staff under his/her supervision through mentoring and provision of performance based feedback.
- Participate in the recruitment, induction and staff personal development plan formulation for staff under his/her direct supervision.
- Coordinates the activities of managers under his/her supervision and establishs and maintains effective communication and collaboration between and among regional and functional areas.
Responsibility #2: Project Management
- Responsible for ensuring that the execution of the EAC project in timely and cost effective manner and ensure compliance with terms and conditions of the agreement which Pact Ethiopia entered with partners and other stakeholders.
- Ensure adherence to organizational policies, guidelines and procedures
- Leads the preparation of annual plan and budget for EAC project as per the agreed schedule, format, and deadlines and follow up the implementation when approved.
- Makes sure that resources are used effectively and efficiently throughout the implementation process.
- Monitor the effective implementation of the project directly implemented by Pact and through partners.
- Ensures that quality, equity and sustainability aspects of EAC are always given adequate attention during implementation and monitoring.
- In conjunction with MERL unit, participate in the development and maintenance of monitoring and evaluation system to evaluate progress and impact.
- In collaboration with CD, prepare comprehensive and detailed terms of reference (TOR) for consultancy services and participate in the selection of consultants.
- Assists the CD in the overall management of EAC project.
- Ensures that the applications and training materials prepared for the EAC Project are to the standard quality.Job Responsibility #3 Strategic Management
- Participate in the design of strategic plan as related to EAC project when required
- Monitor contributions of the project related activities towards the fulfillment of the specified strategic objectives.
- Ensures that project implementation strategies agreed with EAC have been translated into action during project implementation
- Assists the CD in the identification, formulation and pursuance of new business development opportunities of EAC programs.Job Responsibility #4: Grant Management
- In collaboration with the grants unit, lead the development of sound selection criteria and guidelines for identifying partners and selecting project proposals for grant of EAC project.
- In collaboration with F&G unit, lead the technical pre-award survey and participate in the pre-award activities in his/her area of intervention
- Facilitate the development of a monitoring and evaluation guideline, which reflects programmatic, technical and administrative requirements at partner level. Facilitate revision of monitoring and evaluation framework as project learning takes place.
- Ensure that project proposals for EAC project meet agreed evaluation criteria (inclusive of results based framework and indicators of performance) Provide advice and guidance to partners with regard to technical, human, commodity and financial matters and reporting requirementsJob Responsibility #5: Networking, representation, Information sharing and Learning:
- Establishes effective working relationship with government, donors, and other stakeholders; Work towards enhancing partner relations and strengthening collaboration with MOE, RSEBs, WEOs and relevant educational institutions for the smooth and effective implementation of EAC project.
- Represent EAC/Pact where appropriate including at national and regional levels.
- Keeps up to date with developments in the sector, including best practice examples within the country and internationally, and ensure ongoing personal development and learning;
- Ensures dissemination and use of promising practices and lessons in the program/project of Partner NGOs;
- Establishes communication systems with Partners and creates enabling environment whereby Partners could submit quarterly, biannual and annual reports on time;
- Ensures that proper documentation systems and practices at each level of EAC management and operations.Job Responsibility #6 Coordination
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings with project teams, participate in wider coordination meetings and ensure dissemination of information and relevant information and decision to all concerned.
- Organize EAC partner review meeting in a manner that ensures experience sharing.
- Participate in various consultation meetings and provide information as required
- In consultation with the CD and concerned bodies, arranges study tours and experience sharing visits related to EAC.Job Responsibility #7. Other Functions.
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.(Disclaimer: This job description summarizes the responsibilities assigned to the position; however, it does not contain an all-inclusive list.)
III. PERSON SPECIFICATION
First Degree or Masters in Educational Administration, Education or related fields.
At least 8/6 years of relevant experience.
C/ TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Experience in managing and administering programs/projects related to education.
- Practical experience in the implementation of education project (EAC phase one) is highly advantageous and most preferable.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with partners and other stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in word processing, spread sheet and Data Base skills.D/ COMPETENCIES
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, adaptability, development commitment, coaching, planning and organizing, pro-active problem solving.
2. Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning Officer, EAC project (Contingent to project award)
The position is contingent to project award.
I. JOB SUMMARY:
The purpose of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning (MERL) Officer position is to assist the Program Manager in overall management and output of the MERL unit. She/he renders technical MERL support to EAC projects and assists in demonstrating progress against strategic objectives at the project level. This support extends to a wide range of NGO and CSO partners. The post holder is also responsible for assisting the generation of regular and ad hoc reports for internal/external purposes.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Job Responsibility #1 : Technical M&E Support
- Design and update Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP);
- Design guidelines as well as data collection, monitoring and reporting tools for use by PACT and its partners in line with the requirements of the donor.
- Ensure the development of effective results frameworks and subsequent indicators at project and partner level(s)
- Coordinate and supports project staff, WEOs and partners to ensure effective MERL system is in place.
- Ddesign baseline, mid term and final evaluation tools of the project in close consultation with the PM.
- Plan, Coordinate and undertakemonitoring visits by involving partners on timely manner
- Assist the PM in the development of the project work plan
- Conducts Data Quality Assessment, produce report and follow up implementation of the same.
Job Responsibility #2: Coordination
- Prepares monitoring visit schedule in collaboration with the other units and partners.
- Plan and actively participates in regular meetings of the project unit
- Ensure that effective communication and coordination across the organisational structure is in place. Job Responsibility #3: Reporting
- Plan and Coordinate the compilation and distribution of the Donor reports as per the agreed reporting schedule
- Plan and generates biannual and annual tabular reports from the database for reporting to the donor and annual tabular report for the government of Ethiopia.
- In collaboration with other EAC staff, prepare reporting formats on enrolment, retention and other relevant data from schools regularly
- Ensure project data is timely received and ensure project data is properly and timely organized and analysed to make informed and timely decisions related to project implementation.
- Ensure and undertake that the compilation of regular monitoring reports along with evaluation recommendations.
- Provides data deemed important for concept paper or proposal development Job Responsibility #4: Capacity Building
- Conducts training needs assessment of partners
- Conducts MERL trainings as per results of the training needs assessment.
- Provide MERL mentoring support to partners. Job Responsibility #5: Information Management and Reporting
- Design electronic data collection templates that fits to MERL database
- Ensure that project data is regularly entered into the MERL database developed for the purpose of EAC project.
- Ensure that the MERL database developed for the project perfectly has the data that enables to track the progress of each Out Of School Children (OOSC) enrolled.
- Produce analytical report on the status of OOSC enrolled as per the reporting requirement of the donor.Job Responsibility #6: Learning and networking:
- Captures success stories and promising practices related to the project;
- Ensure the documentation and dissemination of success stories and promising practices;
- Plan and attends relevant government and partners’ meetings to further develop collaboration and to obtain new methods and ideas in the area of responsibility
- Provides statistical information for users within and outside Pact
- Ensures proper communication on MERL related themes within the organization, with partners and other stakeholdersJob Responsibility #7: Perform other duties as assigned by Project Manager
III. PERSON SPECIFICATION
- EDUCATION/TRAINING Required:
- BA/MA degree in Education, Economics, Statistics or other related Social Sciences.
- 5/3 years of relevant work experience in monitoring, evaluation and planning activity
- NGO experience desired
- Education project implementation/ follow up experience desired
C) TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS
- Demonstrated effective organizing and planning skills;
- Skills in developing MERL, data collection tools, indicators and plans;
- Ability to analyze M&E technical issues, to write clear and concise reports and to make effective oral presentations;
- Computer literacy in basic database and statistical software and Microsoft applications;
- Proficiency in English;
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- COMPETENCIESRespect, accountability, courage, excellence, analytical ability, interpersonal skills, developing teams, decision making, information monitoring, facilitating change, proactive problem solving, planning & organizing.
- JOB SUMMARYUnder the direct supervision of the EAC Program Manager (PM), the program Officer is responsible for assisting the PM in ensuring the EAC program implementation in effective and efficient way in the regions of assignment. The post holder will play an active role in coordination and communication between and amongst departments and relevant staff to ensure effective and efficient implementation of EAC and organizational resources. S/he will provide support to ensure that projects are implemented as per agreements and that technical quality is of the highest standards. II. SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIESJob Responsibility # 1: Planning and Implementation
3. Program Officers (3), EAC (Contingent to project award)
The positions are contingent to project award
The required no of employee: 3
- Works with PM to ensure that the project receives the necessary professional and technical support, to assure rapid and effectively roll out of activities.
- Undertakes necessary tasks to bring activities get done, including organization of stakeholder meetings, facilitation of information exchange among partners, administrative and programmatic support for workshops and trainings, and grant making support.
- Updates work plans and monitoring reports to assure all activities undertaken are appropriately recorded and reported.
- Support the program managers in day to day EAC implementation activities
- Participate in monitoring projects and produce field reports and give feedback on the information and lessons obtained to the PM
- Participate in training materials preparation and validation, editing and utilization
- Ensure the distribution of learning materials, publication and other reading resources to different regions and partners
- Communicate with local representatives, point of Pact contact or supervisors to ensure smooth information and feedback flow from field to Pact head office
- Follow on decisions made, understanding and agreements reached to enhance/improve the implementation of EAC
- Take responsibility in organizing workshops, review sessions, partner meetings, experience sharing visits and other related events
Job Responsibility # 2: Budgeting and Financial Control
- Monitors program implementation and budget utilization status to ensure that work is done in accordance with terms and conditions set forth by the project document and related work plans.
Job Responsibility # 3: Technical Support
- As needed, assists partner organizations in proposal development, planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting on EAC project activities.
- Work with and support WEOs and schools in the implementation of EAC project as applicable
- Reports any concerns that need Supervisor’s attention and supports necessary changes.
- Assist PMs in following up and supporting project implementation or partner organizations and stakeholders
- Coordinate and collaborate in the development, production, printing, reprinting, storing and distribution of educational, supplementary and textual materials.
- Provide support to ensure effective organizations and logistics arrangement of workshops and training activities and reporting.
Job responsibility # 3: Representation and Reporting.
- Collect field reports from local representative, supervisors /partners, consolidate the reports submit to the Program Manager timely
- Team-up with other EAC program officers (POs) and consolidate field reports from different regions and partners and submit to Program Managers
- Participates in the preparation of reports on project related activities as per the agreed schedule and formats.
- Represents Pact on meetings related to the EAC program when requested or delegated.
- S/he will contribute to and participate in strategic planning discussions for the Education platform and will maintain effective working relationships with key actors and partners operating across the EAC project.
Job Responsibility #4: Other Functions.
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned to her/him by the Supervisor.
BA/MA Degree in Education, Educational Administration, Sociology, or other related fields.
5/3 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge and experience in Education projects on out of school children, their families and experience of education system in pastoral and semi pastoral areas are advantageous.
C/ TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Experience in undertaking Educational project and enhancing the capacity if partners at local level .
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, both beneficiaries and partners.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Flexible, with ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheet and DBase skills.D/ COMPETENCIES
- Respect, accountability, excellence, adaptability, planning and organizing, pro-active problem solving.
How to Apply
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants fulfilling the minimum requirements are invited to send their CV with cover letter to Pact Ethiopia Office:
P.O.Box 13180, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
OR hand deliver to Pact Ethiopia Office located at Bole Sub-City, Wereda 4, house No. 533, Wuhalemat area.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Health Informatics TrainerTulane International/Ethiopia (TIE)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
Chief, Protocol, Visa and Liaison ServiceECONOMIC COMMISSION FOR AFRICA(UNECA)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
ECONOMIC AFFAIRS OFFICERECONOMIC COMMISSION FOR AFRICA(UNECA)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
SENIOR ECONOMIC AFFAIRS ADVISERECONOMIC COMMISSION FOR AFRICA(UNECA)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
Communication OfficerInternational Medical Corps (IMC)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
Customer Support Specialist - Part Sales Account ManagerBoeingAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 09
Country Manager / Center HeadGlobal PlacementsAddis Ababa, EthiopiaOct 31
Country Manager / Center Head (Re-advertised)Global PlacementsEthiopiaNov 01
Administrative AssistantEthio National SchoolAddis Ababa, EthiopiaDec 07
Administration & Finance ManagerEthio National SchoolAddis Ababa, EthiopiaDec 07