Project Assistant 7/Database Manager
Project Assistant 7/Database Manager
Contract: IRS2 TO6
Supervisor: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
The USAID-funded Indoor Residual Spraying 2 Task Order 6 (IRS2 TO6) Project supports the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), as well as USAID Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the ground through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in countries affected by malaria.
Under the supervision of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager, the Project Assistant 7 / Database Manager supports the implementation of the M&E system of the IRS Project.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Participates in the collection, analysis, and reporting of baseline M&E data and ongoing M&E data collection, analysis and reporting according to the project M&E plan.
- Assists in the regular monitoring of project implementation against established targets and objectives.
- Supports periodic internal Data Quality Assessments and prepares the project for possible external Data Quality Audits to ensure validity, integrity, precision, reliability and timeliness of all performance data, identifying gaps and suggesting corrective actions on time.
- Collects, analyzes, and presents program data to project staff, partners, counterparts, and donors.
- Supports the preparation of performance monitoring plans, including developing and defining program indicators and sources of data, as well as annual reports and other project documents.
- Assist in database design
- Update and amend existing databases
- Set up and testing new database and data handling systems
- Monitor the M&E system implementation and database efficiency
- Sustain the backup, security and integrity of data at all project sites
- Create query definitions that allow data to be extracted as needed
- Train data entry clerks and colleagues in how to input and extract data
- Work with the Project IT specialist to repair and coordinate the readiness of data entry laptops and other devises (software installation and hardware configuration)
- Correctly manage storage and archiving of soft and hard copy project related training data’s
- Work with the technical team for the successful implementation of mHealth/ mobile application
- Bachelor’s Degree (desirable) in Statistics, Information Technology, Computer Science, Community Health, or other relevant field.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in database management, monitoring & evaluation, or other relevant social science activities.
- Familiarity with data management system and facilitation skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision, innovative and team player
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of analysis software (Ms. Access, Ms. Excel, SPSS, EPiInfo, SQL Server 2012, Arc GIS, etc).
- Knowledge of health project implementation in general, with knowledge about malaria prevention programs very desirable.
- Knowledge of material logistics systems and previous NGO experience are desirable.
- Fluency in English language.
How to Apply
To be considered for any position, an applicant must submit ONLY their CV and Application Letter in ONE FILE to: AbtAIRSEthiopia@gmail.com (Please don’t attach any certificates at this time)
Applicants who have previously applied for this vacancy don’t need to re-apply.
Please write title of the positon you are applying in the subject line of your email. Applications that do not follow this and other instructions will be rejected automatically.
This is a full time position based at the project's central office in Addis Abeba with frequent travel to field project districts.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competetive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
The deadline for application submission is 10 January 2017.
Sign up for Job Alerts
SENIOR ECONOMIC AFFAIRS ADVISERECONOMIC COMMISSION FOR AFRICA(UNECA)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
Communication OfficerInternational Medical Corps (IMC)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
COLLABORATION, LEARNING, AND ADAPTATION ADVISORCARE EthiopiaAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
Business Development ManagerImperia Health Private LimitedAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
QR13843 - Reservations & Ticketing AgentQatar AirwaysAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
Administrative AssistantEthio National SchoolAddis Ababa, EthiopiaDec 07
Country Manager / Center HeadGlobal PlacementsAddis Ababa, EthiopiaOct 31
Administration & Finance ManagerEthio National SchoolAddis Ababa, EthiopiaDec 07
Customer Support Specialist - Part Sales Account ManagerBoeingAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 09
Country Manager / Center Head (Re-advertised)Global PlacementsEthiopiaNov 01