Grants Management Coordinator
Grants Management Coordinator
Title: Grants Management Coordinator
Location: Addis Ababa
Contract duration: 12 months
Posting date: January 3, 2017
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world, including Ethiopia. DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. Under its mandate, the organization focuses on emergency humanitarian response, rehabilitation and post-conflict recovery.
DRC commenced work in Ethiopia in 2009 and currently provides expertise in shelter, WASH, livelihoods, protection and migration in the Gambella, Somali and Tigray regions of the country, as well as in Djibouti. Activities implemented by DRC are funded by money raised from the Danish public and by project grants from the Danish government and other bilateral and multi-lateral donors.
DRC Ethiopia supports field offices in several locations - three in Djibouti (Djibouti Ville, Ali Sabieh and Obock) and five in Ethiopia (Dolo Ado, Jijiga, Shire, Gambella town and Dimma). The last two years have seen significant growth in programme size that is requiring increased monitoring for quality of implementation, reporting, and further programme development to sustain strategic growth.
POSITION’S OVERALL OBJECTIVES
The Grants Management Coordinator is a key position supporting the Ethiopia and Djibouti programmes. The position will focus on the development of high quality funding proposals, compliance with donor and internal DRC rules and regulations, donor reporting, information management and grants management capacity-building efforts.
Djibouti country program. Furthermore, the Project Officer will be required to provide regular support and guidance to project cycle management, proposal development and program strategy and will assist in advising and supporting field teams to ensure the successful implementation of all migration, protection and solutions-related activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Grant Management & Reporting
- Oversee and refine grants and contract management systems and processes;
- Update, streamline, and disseminate grants management tools and resources;
- Develop and maintain up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of donor and government policies and support implementing teams to ensure full compliance;
- Draft, review and provide support in the negotiation of project agreements, including sub-agreements, teaming agreements and memoranda of understanding;
- Organize and facilitate grant opening, review, and closing meetings;
- Lead donor reporting processes by coordinating, compiling, editing and providing feedback to ensure the development of high-quality narratives and timely submissions;
Maintain and update DRC’s online Grants Management System (GMS) platforms.
- Support the Head of Programmes to plan and coordinate the development of high-quality project proposals, including narratives, budgets, budget narratives, work plans, staffing lists and other required annexes;
- Conduct regular donor mapping exercises and support the Head of Programmes in identifying new funding opportunities in line with the country programme’s strategy;
- Prepare necessary documentation, such as reports, presentations and organizational documentation, to share with DRC stakeholders, including briefings for DRC staff and external entities requesting information on DRC’s Ethiopia and Djibouti programmes.
- Liaise with relevant Ethiopian and Djiboutian government agencies, including, but not limited to ARRA, ONARS, BoFED, Charities, MoLSA, and MOFA;
- Serve as the primary focal point for donors and partners on all grants related issues;
- Support the Head of Programmes in the organization, coordination and facilitation of quarterly and annual programme and strategy meetings;
- Line manage assigned staff;
- Assume other responsibilities as directed by the Head of Programmes.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field and at least 5- 8 years of relevant work experience with an NGO;
- Excellent English writing and communications skills;
- Experience in writing high quality proposals for large donors, such as DFID, EU, ECHO, USAID, OFDA, UNHCR and other UN agencies;
- Knowledge of donor rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize large workloads, to consistently meet deadlines and adapt in a complex and challenging work environment
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and in teams;
- This position is based in Addis Ababa, but will be expected to engage in frequent travel to field offices. The selected candidate, therefore, must be willing to adhere to all security precautions and must be able to exercise a large degree of common sense and personal discipline.
- Only Ethiopian nationals need apply;
- French language skills are an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the online application on www.drc.dk under vacancies no later than January 18, 2017.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit. It is DRC policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to gender, race, national, clan or tribal origin, religion, age, sex, origin or ancestry, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, or status as a qualified disabled individual.
Sign up for Job Alerts
WASH Specialist | Health PromoterHabitat for Humanity EthiopiaEthiopiaMar 29
CashierDeutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 29
6 Community Data CollectorsSaint Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical CollegeAddis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 29
Multiple JobsFuture Talent AcademyAddis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 29
System DeveloperJohn Snow, Inc.Addis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 29
More from Danish Refugee Council
GBV Response OfficerDanish Refugee CouncilDimaFeb 27
Livelihoods Officer; Energy OfficerDanish Refugee CouncilDolo AdoFeb 23
Legal Protection Coordinator; Protection OfficerDanish Refugee CouncilShire, Dolo Ado and JijigaFeb 22
Youth Empowerement OfficerDanish Refugee CouncilOkugo- DimaFeb 18
DRC jobs in Ethiopia: Safety Coordinator, GBV Response OfficerDanish Refugee CouncilAddis Ababa and Dima, EthiopiaFeb 06
Grants Management CoordinatorDanish Refugee CouncilAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 03
Grants ManagerGOAL EthiopiaAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 04
Grants Management Officer, EthiopiaCultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)Shire, Tigray, EthiopiaMar 13
Grants AnalystFood for the HungryAddis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 10
GRANTS OFFICERJSI Research and Training Institute INCAddis Ababa, EthiopiaMay 24