Vacancy Number: VA_018_FY17
The Carter Center is a not-for-profit international NGO committed to waging peace, fighting disease and building hope worldwide. The Carter Center country office in Ethiopia, which assists the Government of Ethiopia in Disease Elimination and Eradication Programs, is looking for a qualified professional to fill the following vacancy for its Health Program
Summary of Job Description:
He/she will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Program Manager for oncho/LF to develop databases at the Country Office (CO) and Regional Project Offices.
- Develops/updates database from which he/she generates monthly and annual reports for the Oncho/LF Elimination Programs.
- Gathers data and information from the Oncho/LF project zones. Compiles the data for decision makers.
- Keeps proper documentation of project implementation. Presents key performance indicators to Oncho/LF Program Manager, Regional Project Managers, and Zone Project Coordinators.
- Works closely with the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer for oncho/LF, and Program officers, regional managers at various levels to coordinate baseline surveys and impact assessments for program monitoring and evaluation of the Oncho/LF Elimination Programs.
- Maintain the overall integrity and quality of the databases.
Terms of Employment: One year contract with a possibility of extension.
- BSc or MSc degree in Statistics, biostatistics, Epidemiology, Health Informatics and/or Demography from a recognized university
- Relevant experience of minimum of three years preferably in Health data management
- Previous NGO experience is a plus
- Willingness to travel and work in remote areas
- Good computer skills: MS office (excel and data base), statistical packages (Epi Info, SPSS) particularly in data management software
- Recommendation letter from the most recent employer
- Able to present release letter from current employer in two weeks after job offer
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their CV, application letter and including photocopies of all supporting documents to the address given below. Please indicate the vacancy announcement number in the subject line of your application.
Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box: 13373
You can submit your documents in person at TCC-E Country Office,
Bole sub city, Woreda 03, Kebele 03, House No. 2357
Around Bole, next to Hayat Hospital
+251 - 118 -69-95-37
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Economic Analyst/Writer to Contribute Weekly (ENGL) | Online PublisherNew PublisherAnywhereFeb 23
Administration ManagerPan African Chamber of Commerce and IndustryAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 23
Amharic teacher for expatsSolAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 23
Specialist, IT SupportEthiopian Agricultural Commodities Warehousing Services Enterprise (EACWSE)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 23
Associate, Central DepositoryEthiopian Agricultural Commodities Warehousing Services Enterprise (EACWSE)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 23
Executive Manager or Executive Secretary(fresh graduates can apply for this job)Real Marketers PlcAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 02
Network EngineerEricssonAddis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 23
NGO Job in Ethiopia: Data Management and Analysis ExpertNuru International EthiopiaArbaminch, Gamo Gofa Zone, SNNPR (frequent field Visit)Jan 30
Monitoring & Evaluation and Data Management Officer | Assistant Logistics OfficerConcern WorldwidePugnido Refugee CampFeb 21
Data ProfessionalsSt.Paul’sHospital Millennium Medical CollegeAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 11