Vacancy Number: VA_018_FY17
The Carter Center is a not-for-profit international NGO committed to waging peace, fighting disease and building hope worldwide. The Carter Center country office in Ethiopia, which assists the Government of Ethiopia in Disease Elimination and Eradication Programs, is looking for a qualified professional to fill the following vacancy for its Health Program
Summary of Job Description:
He/she will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Program Manager for oncho/LF to develop databases at the Country Office (CO) and Regional Project Offices.
- Develops/updates database from which he/she generates monthly and annual reports for the Oncho/LF Elimination Programs.
- Gathers data and information from the Oncho/LF project zones. Compiles the data for decision makers.
- Keeps proper documentation of project implementation. Presents key performance indicators to Oncho/LF Program Manager, Regional Project Managers, and Zone Project Coordinators.
- Works closely with the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer for oncho/LF, and Program officers, regional managers at various levels to coordinate baseline surveys and impact assessments for program monitoring and evaluation of the Oncho/LF Elimination Programs.
- Maintain the overall integrity and quality of the databases.
Terms of Employment: One year contract with a possibility of extension.
- BSc or MSc degree in Statistics, biostatistics, Epidemiology, Health Informatics and/or Demography from a recognized university
- Relevant experience of minimum of three years preferably in Health data management
- Previous NGO experience is a plus
- Willingness to travel and work in remote areas
- Good computer skills: MS office (excel and data base), statistical packages (Epi Info, SPSS) particularly in data management software
- Recommendation letter from the most recent employer
- Able to present release letter from current employer in two weeks after job offer
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their CV, application letter and including photocopies of all supporting documents to the address given below. Please indicate the vacancy announcement number in the subject line of your application.
Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box: 13373
You can submit your documents in person at TCC-E Country Office,
Bole sub city, Woreda 03, Kebele 03, House No. 2357
Around Bole, next to Hayat Hospital
+251 - 118 -69-95-37
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Islamic Relief Jobs in Ethiopia: Finance Officer-EmergenciesIslamic ReliefAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 23
.NET DeveloperWave Business PLC.Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 23
Catholic Relief Services jobs in Ethiopia: Procurement Officer; ReceptionistCatholic Relief Services - CRSAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 23
Command Captain for Boeing 757/767Ethiopian AirlinesNigeriaJan 22
Command Captain for Boeing 737 NGEthiopian AirlinesNigeriaJan 22
Country Manager / Center HeadGlobal PlacementsAddis Ababa, EthiopiaOct 31
Administration & Finance ManagerEthio National SchoolAddis Ababa, EthiopiaDec 07
Customer Support Specialist - Part Sales Account ManagerBoeingAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 09
Country Manager / Center Head (Re-advertised)Global PlacementsEthiopiaNov 01
Administrative AssistantEthio National SchoolAddis Ababa, EthiopiaDec 07