Posted Jan 13
In-Market HR Advisor
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Full Time
In – Market HR Advisor
- Role model the HR Model and “push” HR queries to the appropriate channels. Provide training and occasional support to employees and line managers on the new HR systems processes and embeds the new roles and responsibilities. Important to act as a trainer and not as a doer of transactional activities for Line Managers or HRBPs.
- Responsible for the delivery of the following:
- Talent and Learning & Development – Assist HRBP to win the talent agenda and drive rigour in core HR processes, P4G, calibration, Performance Improvement Plans (PIPS) succession planning, to deliver step change in bench strength of Demand Function
- Organisation Effectiveness – Assist to roll out winning value survey action plans through employee engagement interventions and practices.
- Employee Correspondence – Prints and distributes letters and other correspondence developed in first point SSC but requiring local printing.
- Employee file Management – support the on-going maintenance of locally held hard copy employee files and maintenance of soft copy files in the document management system.
- Reward and Recognition –Assist in the implementation of annual reward cycle and bonus plans to engender a high performance culture.
- Resourcing – Own the resourcing plan and process for function including budgets and headcount Employee Relations– Assist HRBP to complete all conduct cases (grievance/disciplinary) within agreed timeframe. Potential Labour related conflicts are to be escalated to the HRBP, supporting Line Managers on potential IR issues to improve both individual and organisational performance.
- [DEMAND] HR Reporting – Runs market or business unit reports from Workday (Eg Headcount, Absence) and provides to HRBP / HRD for business performance meetings.
- Exits: Local or face to face support to Line managers or HRBPs for Exit processes (e.g. collection of equipment etc.)
- Local Non Workday related Employee Lifecycle processes – There will be market specific processes that are not completed in Workday, these will vary by market. The in-market first point team will be expected to deliver these.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of HR capability and experience in a large multinational organisation
- Performance driven mind-set that delivers on agreed outcomes at pace - Instinct for delivering, and inspiring others to deliver.
- Proven ability to facilitate, persuade, influence and build credibility within all levels and all functions
- Resilience and confidence in a dynamic and at times ambiguous environment.
- Can see both the minute detail as well as the bigger picture when needed.
- Analytical and ability to find solutions and tackle barriers.
- Aptitude for technology with the ability to manipulate and manage systems to deliver insights.
- A thorough understanding of local HR policies, procedures and practices and their application.
How to Apply
Please visit www.Diageo-Careers.com click on ‘Search and Apply’ and click on ‘Search openings’
N:B Only applications made through Diageo-careers.com will be accepted.
Sign up for Job Alerts
SENIOR ECONOMIC AFFAIRS ADVISERECONOMIC COMMISSION FOR AFRICA(UNECA)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
Communication OfficerInternational Medical Corps (IMC)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
COLLABORATION, LEARNING, AND ADAPTATION ADVISORCARE EthiopiaAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
Business Development ManagerImperia Health Private LimitedAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
QR13843 - Reservations & Ticketing AgentQatar AirwaysAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
More from Diageo
Facilities ManagerDiageoAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 16
Corporate Relations DirectorDiageoAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 15
Mechanical TechnicianDiageoSebeta, Oromia, EthiopiaJan 14
Trade Tools ExecutivesDiageoAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 13
Category Manager– Demand & IndirectDiageoAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 13
Country Manager / Center Head (Re-advertised)Global PlacementsEthiopiaNov 01
Country Manager / Center HeadGlobal PlacementsAddis Ababa, EthiopiaOct 31
Customer Support Specialist - Part Sales Account ManagerBoeingAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 09
Radboud Scholarship Programme for International StudentsRadboud UniversityNetherlandsDec 12
Administrative AssistantEthio National SchoolAddis Ababa, EthiopiaDec 07