Community Service Delivery Director
Community Service Delivery Director
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Community Service Delivery Director
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Community Service Delivery Director for an anticipated USAID-funded Community HIV Care and Treatment Activity in Ethiopia. The community-based activity will expand access to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services by reinforcing the role of communities in the delivery of comprehensive clinical and non-clinical differentiated care services. The Community Service Delivery Director (CSDD) provides technical leadership to strengthen comprehensive community based HIV and AIDS treatment, care and support services and also provides guidance and support to sub- awards in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of HIV and AIDS services working closely with M&E and Quality Management Director besides with the Chief of Party (CoP) and Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) as a member of Senior Management Team (SMT) within the Project.
The proposed CSDD will be the technical expert for activities related to strengthening treatment, care and support services, ensuring standards and quality of care, supervising and working with various service advisers on health related strategic information at the community level. S/he provides guidance on scientific, policy and practices on treatment, care and support services while will also be responsible for activities of building host government capacity, community-based structures, and other actors and processes that constitute systems for the provision of community based treatment, care and support services.
By working with community structures (local government, civil society organizations, faith based organizations, PLHIV association, CCs, and CCCs):
- Ensure technical capacity of these community structures are strengthened
- Ensure organizational capacity of community structures to achieve program and financial sustainability are strengthened
- Have capacity to support the harmonization and standardization of data collection tools for at community level
- Be able to provide leadership that can support operations research and special studies including implementation of pilot activities to learn both feasibility and scalability lessons
- Provide technical assistance that ensures that the use of results for evidence-based decision making in community programming is improved
- Ensure all community health and support systems for service delivery strengthening related results are fully achieved
- Ensure strengthened referral and linkage systems between community, facility, and social services
- Ensure sustainable well-coordinated community prevention, care and treatment services are initiated and/or strengthened
- Ensure initiation and/or strengthening of quality community-based comprehensive prevention, care and treatment services
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned, including administrative and planning functions
- MPH plus advanced Degree or higher in social work, social sciences or a closely related field
- More than 10 years’ experience in expanding access to essential comprehensive HIV and AIDS services in resource limited settings
- Required to have specialized knowledge and skills necessary for strengthening service delivery at the regional, national and clinical level to expand comprehensive HIV and AIDS services
- Program/project management experience with USAID, PEPFAR, or other USG health programs
- Experience and understanding of the Ethiopian health care delivery networking of the facility and community health system, local NGOs and other CSOs providing services to PLHIV in the community
- Experience in managing a team composed of several technical experts
- Technical knowledge on HTC, adult and pediatric care and treatment, PMTCT, systems strengthening, community based service provision
- Previous experience in monitoring and evaluation (M/E) work, will be advantageous
- Demonstrated coaching, mentoring and developing technical capacities and team working
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with senior government counterparts, donor community members, NGO, CBO and FBO and private sector officials
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to email ( at this time ) only their CV/resume and cover letter to HREthiopia@fhi360.org to be received by January 15/2017.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
Sign up for Job Alerts
SENIOR ECONOMIC AFFAIRS ADVISERECONOMIC COMMISSION FOR AFRICA(UNECA)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
Communication OfficerInternational Medical Corps (IMC)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
COLLABORATION, LEARNING, AND ADAPTATION ADVISORCARE EthiopiaAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
Business Development ManagerImperia Health Private LimitedAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
QR13843 - Reservations & Ticketing AgentQatar AirwaysAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
Customer Support Specialist - Part Sales Account ManagerBoeingAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 09
Country Manager / Center Head (Re-advertised)Global PlacementsEthiopiaNov 01
Country Manager / Center HeadGlobal PlacementsAddis Ababa, EthiopiaOct 31
Community Service Delivery DirectorFHI 360Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 12
Program Director; Community MobilizerFayyaa Integrated Development Organization (FIDO)Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and West Shewa and Jimma ZonesJan 04