The Treasury Manager manages a team of 2 cashiers and 1 banking officer who assist to achieve the following key accountabilities:
- Ensure that all bank, loans, equity, and clearing GL accounts are reconciled on a regular basis with timely closure of all reconciling items
- Provide information as is necessary to the reporting/RTR team to ensure that all receipts and all payments are captured correctly
- Ensure compliance with local statutory /regulatory requirements as well as with the Diageo Treasury and other relevant policies
- Responsible for all Treasury related CARM controls
- Maintain & update treasury policiesCash Management
- Proactive management of all cheque instruments - either current, Post Dated Cheques (PDC) or CPO – that are in the company’s custody
- Provide visibility of the status of cheques deposited to the sales/OTC team for follow up of any bounced or uncleared cheques
- Provide monthly visibility of the PDCs held as security for returnable packaging and ensure that they are always up to date
- Reduce the clearing time for cheques by working with sales, our customers and the banks
- Manage the funding of the bank accounts to ensure that payments are allocated to accounts with appropriate balances
- Ensure that all bank accounts are in compliance with Cash Forecasting
- Prepare robust short and long term cash flow forecast that help drive funding conversations
- Help the business in terms of achieving financial objectives with regards to cash flow
- Provide visibility of the variances between forecasted cash and actual cash performance
- Conduct regular analysis of the balance sheet items with special emphasis in improving working capital
- Ensure optimisation of capital structure and make appropriate recommendation
- Provide in-depth analysis to make informed decision on efficient allocation of financial resources towards achieving business objectives
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or other business related degree.
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in finance with proven integrity.
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills.
- Ability to provide business insights based on knowledge of the business and the external environment.
- Proven ability to facilitate, persuade, influence and build credibility with all levels and all functions.
How to Apply
Please visit www.Diageo-Careers.com click on ‘Search and Apply’ and click on ‘Search openings’
N:B Only applications made through Diageo-careers.com will be accepted.
Sign up for Job Alerts
WASH Specialist | Health PromoterHabitat for Humanity EthiopiaEthiopiaMar 29
CashierDeutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 29
6 Community Data CollectorsSaint Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical CollegeAddis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 29
Multiple JobsFuture Talent AcademyAddis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 29
System DeveloperJohn Snow, Inc.Addis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 29
More from Diageo
Manager, Outsourcing ManagementDashen Bank SC.Addis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 20
Engineering Manager; Brewing ManagerZebidar Brewery SCWelkite, Gunrea, SNNPRFeb 23
ManagerEthio Life and General Insurance S.CAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 10
Branch Managers | Assistant Branch ManagersUnited Bank S.C.Various Locations in EthiopiaFeb 06
Sub Branch Manager | Branch ManagerBank of Abyssinia (BoA)Dukem and JimmaMar 13