Food Assistance Supervisor (DFAP)
Food Assistance Supervisor (DFAP)
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
WORLD VISION ETHIOPIA IS CHANGING AND GROWING! COME JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS TODAY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF CHILDREN THROUGHOUT ETHIOPIA!
World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is an International Humanitarian Christian Organization whose objective is to provide holistic and integrated development and emergency response programs in the country. WVE National Office has an immediate opening for the following positions for person who fulfills the following qualifications.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To ensure proper and safe custody (storage) of all food and non-food commodities entrusted to the care of WV by donor. The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for documentation of commodity transactions in the warehouse, including receipt, storage and delivery of all food commodities at Adama/Melkasa PDP.
Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Ensure that all commodities arriving at the warehouse and leaving the warehouse are properly accounted for.Select, evaluate and develop list of potential suppliers and standardize in collaboration with Procurement team and in consultation with the SCM Associate Director.
- Receive the commodities in the warehouse. Make sure to know in advance about the types and amount of commodities to expect in the warehouse so storage plan can be prepared before arrival of commodities.
- Scrutinize all waybills to ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill.
- Immediately record all quantities delivered short (missing), quantities lost in transit and quantities damaged if any. All observations must be recorded immediately.
- Supervise loading and off-loading of the commodities make sure it is properly undertaken. Commodities must carefully be inspected and counted during off-loading before accepting in the warehouse.
- Immediately reconstitute torn / loose / slack / leaking / damaged bags, tins or cartons to prevent any further loss. Document such activity.
- Maintain good warehousing standards. Storage of commodities must be done properly. Commodities must be stacked in an organized manner by commodity type and by shipment number to facilitate proper physical count and tracking
- Responsible to accurately fill and update the entire warehouse records including Ledger books and Stack Cards. Quantities recorded on these documents MUST correspond to the daily physical stock in the warehouse.
- Conduct Daily Warehouse Physical Inventory start of day and end of day Other Competencies/Attributes:
- Good in time management
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office and Lotus Notes, LQS and SPSS
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required
2 KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Qualification required: BA/BSc Degree in Logistics and supply chain management, Accounting and Management and other related field of studies
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience managing USAID funded food assistance commodities
- Technical Training qualifications required: Food assistance commodity management, Logistics training and other related trainings
- Other: Knowledge of humanitarian context. Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field where disasters strike and sometimes to conflict areas and under stress conditions
- Travel: 30% Domestic travel is required.
- On call: 20%3. Additional Requirements: Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must require to fill the updated employment application form only found ( Here) and email before the closing date of this announcement to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please state the name of the position as a subject of your email)
(We don’t receive hard copies)
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Health Informatics TrainerTulane International/Ethiopia (TIE)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
Chief, Protocol, Visa and Liaison ServiceECONOMIC COMMISSION FOR AFRICA(UNECA)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
ECONOMIC AFFAIRS OFFICERECONOMIC COMMISSION FOR AFRICA(UNECA)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
SENIOR ECONOMIC AFFAIRS ADVISERECONOMIC COMMISSION FOR AFRICA(UNECA)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
Communication OfficerInternational Medical Corps (IMC)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
Administrative AssistantEthio National SchoolAddis Ababa, EthiopiaDec 07
Country Manager / Center HeadGlobal PlacementsAddis Ababa, EthiopiaOct 31
Country Manager / Center Head (Re-advertised)Global PlacementsEthiopiaNov 01
Infrastructure Officer (DFAP)World Vision EthiopiaArsi, Oromia, EthiopiaDec 22
Program Manager (DFAP)World Vision EthiopiaHawassa, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and People's Region, EthiopiaJan 10