Agriculture Officer; Adult Education Coordinator in Africa; Productive Safety-net (PSNP) Officer
Assosa or Bambasi
- Prepare detailed activity and budget plan of the conservation agriculture project activities, farmers, DAs & community workers capacity building trainings; organizing and coordinating experience sharing visits, farmers field days and demonstration plots activities, training SHGS and school environment clubs, organizing environment days, etc…
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, bi-annual, annual, etc… (Periodical reports) to Senior project officer and project manager for internal use and compile and submit to all partners.
- Closely work with all partners/stakeholders and prepare joint action plan for smooth implementation, maintain smooth relationship with all partners in order to ensure the benefits of the target people in the community.
- Collect and compile early warning data from the respective woreda and prepare monthly and quarterly early warning reports
- Facilitate the activities at each kebele’s demonstration plot, rendering of technical supports at each CA farmer’s plot; formation of Self Help Groups (SHGs) and technical supports of school environment clubs.
- Organize different conservation agriculture trainings for DAs, community workers and farmers planned by the project
- Liaise the project office with line government offices, community leaders and other partners regarding conservation agriculture activities, capacity building and technical supports.
- Contribute for smooth working relationships with staff and stakeholders.
- Maintain good working relationship with staff and partners.
- Supervise and give technical support to community workers at their working sites/kebeles.
- Monitor the activities under his custody regularly and ensures quality output.
- Generate new project ideas and facilitate the preparation of proposal in agriculture, capacity building and agricultural input supports.
- Organize and conduct different trainings, experience sharing visits, farmers’ field days and workshops to CA farmers, SHGs, etc… with community workers and relevant line offices.
Duration of Contract: Up to September 30, 2017, with a possibility of extension
- Education- B.Sc. In Agriculture (Plant Science or Agriculture Extension) or relevant field of study
- Three years relevant experience in similar programs preferably in NGO settings
Special Training- Computer literate
Adult Education Coordinator in Africa
at Africa Reg. Director and Sr. Coordinator of Education Programs
Motivated by Christ’s love, this position plays a key role in promoting the wholistic ministry of Food for the Hungry (FH) through the framework of the organization’s vision, “God called and we responded until physical and spiritual hungers ended worldwide”. In order to accomplish this vision, FH’s mission is to “walk with churches leaders and families in overcoming all forms of human poverty by living in healthy relationship with God and His creation”.
The Adult Education Coordinator will design, develop, and adapt maternal child health, child development, and agriculture curriculum, and provide training and technical support, focusing on social and behavioral change (SBC) for the F H Disaster and Food Assistance programs in DRC and Ethiopia.
The ideal candidate for this position will have eligibility to work in and will already reside in one of these locations: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; Bukavu, DRC; Kigali, Rwanda; or Nairobi, Kenya. A relocation reimbursement or an expat allowance package is not available for this position.
Key Result #1 – Develop and adapt visual aids and trainers materials for the USAID- funded DFAP program in DRC and Ethiopia (75% of time).
Key Result #2 – Provide leadership and technical / programmatic backstopping support for FH Education Projects in the region (20% of time).
Key Result #3 – Staff management, development, and security (5% of time).
Reports To: Africa Reg. Director and Sr. Coordinator of Education Programs
Productive Safety-net (PSNP) Officer
at one of South Gonder or Wag Zone Projects
- Ensure that all concerned bodies at Woreda level have good understanding about the goal and objectives of the program through different meetings, trainings and workshops
- Create good networking with Woreda, Kebele and Community Food Security Task Forces and other concerned government partners and assist them in activities which relate with the PSNP
- Closely supervise, Monitor and Evaluate field activities based on the schedule to ensure the accomplishment of PW activities with good quality and quantity
- Supervise and monitor field staffs, regularly coach and fill staff’s performance evaluation in order to motivate and fill gaps at the proper time
- Ensure the accomplishment of PW activities on the right time to enable the commodity transfer as per the schedule on monthly basis
- Engage in the preparation of periodic plans and accomplishment reports ( Annual, biannual, quarterly and monthly Budget/cash flow and physical activity plan and report, purchase plan, annual commodity plan, vehicle plan, plan for field visit, etc)
- Ensure Proper management of the organization tools, Equipments and materials which assigned under the component
- Ensure timely commodity distribution for intended beneficiaries
- Ensure clear and net documentation of every relevant information under the component
Duration of contract: One year (Renewable) with 45 days probation period
- Bachelor degree in Soil & Water Conservation, Agricultural Engineering, Land resource Management, Natural Resource management, Forestry or other related fields;
- Minimum of 3 years experience preferably in an NGO setting. Prior experience in a similar public work project is an added advantage.
- Computer literate & good command of the English language
How to Apply
Women Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Competent candidates can submit their application to with CV and Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Human Resource Office
Food for the Hungry International/Ethiopia
PO Box 4181 Addis Ababa
Candidates MUST refer the position title on the on subject of line of their application
Sign up for Job Alerts
WASH Specialist | Health PromoterHabitat for Humanity EthiopiaEthiopiaMar 29
CashierDeutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 29
6 Community Data CollectorsSaint Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical CollegeAddis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 29
Multiple JobsFuture Talent AcademyAddis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 29
System DeveloperJohn Snow, Inc.Addis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 29
DRC jobs in Ethiopia: Safety Coordinator, GBV Response OfficerDanish Refugee CouncilAddis Ababa and Dima, EthiopiaFeb 06
Education OfficerUNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for RefugeesDollo Ado SomliMar 24
SAFETY AND SECURITY OFFICERInternational Medical Corps (IMC)Boklomayo, SomaliMar 25
Safety and Insurance OfficerEquatorial Business Group P.L.C.Addis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 29
Junior Safety OfficerEthiopian Roads AuthorityAddis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 19