Program Manager (DFAP)
Program Manager (DFAP)
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
WORLD VISION ETHIOPIA IS CHANGING AND GROWING! COME JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS TODAY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF CHILDREN THROUGHOUT ETHIOPIA!
World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is an International Humanitarian Christian Organization whose objective is to provide holistic and integrated development and emergency response programs in the country. WVE National Office has an immediate opening for the following positions for person who fulfills the following qualifications.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The SNNPR DFAP Program Manager will technically lead and coordinate Agriculture, economic development and livelihood interventions of the DFAP program in Sidama Zone of SNNPR including overseeing the implementation of identified interventions, roll out new initiatives and ensure adherence to the WVE National office strategy. The incumbent will be responsible to spearhead the design and implementation of innovative interventions contribution to realization of DFAP results related to agriculture and livelihood by overlaying and sequencing with Agricultural Growth program (AGP). The post holder will provide strong technical back-up, mobilize resources, build and maintain strong partnership and networking with concerned partners at regional, zonal, and woreda levels in the area of agriculture, economic development, livelihood diversification and catalyze the knowledge management and organizational learning in the field. S/he will work collaboratively with the key stakeholders to design and implement the program interventions. This position requires comprehensive understanding of and experience in the areas of agricultural development, value chain activities, private sector engagement and rural livelihoods with skills in capacity building and technical support provision. The person will also advise on issues related to agricultural production policy and sustainability in agriculture. The position will be based in Hawassa, SNNPR—with frequent travel to the project sites.
The Program Manager is primarily responsible for providing technical inputs to the project team for program development, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of interventions related to agriculture and livelihood under USAID DFAP pilot intervention in Sidama AGP woredas.
The Manager is expected to provide strategic leadership and guidance to the project team for executing appropriate improved development initiatives and ensure that the intervention makes a significant contribution to increase agricultural and livestock production, reducing poverty and social injustice notably - improving household food and livelihood security, generating household income and employment, and building community resilience to various shocks and stresses of targeted vulnerable populations.
- Designs, organizes, establishes, and evaluates work processes to ensure delivery of program services and to fulfill program objectives. Studies existing policies, procedures, and directives and recommends revisions or additions when necessary
- Reviews program operations for compliance, identifies program strengths and weaknesses and problem areas of non-compliance, recommends corrective action, and instructs individuals and groups on proper methods and procedures for compliance with program regulations.
- Support planning and coordination of the program and its activities in line with the AGP implemented in the zone
- Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions
- Develop comprehensive reports on ongoing programs and submit summary reports regularly
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties, especially key government office in SNNPR
- Assist in the development of short and long term plans for programs, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance
- Assist in design of performance objectives and implement and monitor programming to meet desired outcomes
- Develop yearly outreach plan according to program needs and capacity
- Organize and establish meetings on regular basis with designated individuals to foster positive relationships
- Supervise line staff by articulating expectations, displaying model behavior, maintaining open lines of communication and being clear about roles and relationships
- Assist in the management of fiscal operations including budget development, modifications. Track expenditures. Continually monitor the program’s financial health and make recommendations to the ED
- Assist with the development of public relations and communications strategies to support program goals and increase community awareness
- Computer literate
- Pervious monitoring and evaluation experience of a grant funded project is a plus
- Previous community development work experience
- Experience in providing technical support and/ or strong organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated experience of successful leadership, especially cross culture & language.
- Ability to mentor as a peer and simultaneously establish credibility and confidence in National Offices and among colleagues.
- Experience and desired knowledge level of the Agricultural growth program
- Sufficient knowledge of Development Food Assistance program and PSNP
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: MA/MSc or BSc in agricultural economics, Agribusiness, development studies, Agriculture and other social science related field such as Business Administration, MBA and etc
- 5 years of work experience in similar area for MA/MSc and 10 years for BA/BSc
- High Computer proficiency
- Work experience on agricultural development, economic development, Natural resource management, safety net, etc
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
Additional Requirements: Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values.
How to Apply
( we don’t receive hard copies)
Please state the name of the position on the subject line of your email.
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Ethiopia RepresentativeChildren’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 28
Evaluation Research AssistantsJohn Snow, IncRobe, Arsi, Oromia, EthiopiaMar 28
Multiple Banking Job OpportunitiesNIB International Bank SC.EthiopiaMar 28
Multiple Bank JobsUnited Bank S.C.EthiopiaMar 28
English Language InstructorTexas International Study CenterAddis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 28
Food Assistance Supervisor (DFAP)World Vision EthiopiaAdama, Oromia, EthiopiaJan 06
Program ManagerEthiopian Development Research Institute (EDRI)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaFeb 28
International Program ManagerAustrian Development AgencyAddis Ababa, EthiopiaMar 24
Senior Program ManagerClinton Health Access InitiativeAddis Ababa, EthiopiaJan 18
Nutrition Program ManagerAction Contre la FaimAddis Ababa, EthiopiaMay 18